Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

In honor of my Dad's birthday, my brother, sister, and I are trying to concoct a desert that would mimic one of his favorite sweet treats: the Bavarian cream doughnut/Boston cream pie.

Ingredients: 
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 cup of cold milk
1 pkg of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups cool whip (for topping)
Semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies

Preparation: 
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cake batter and bake in 24 muffin pan cups
- Beat milk and dry pudding mix with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 mins. (We placed it in the fridge until the cupcakes were done)
- Use a serrated knife to cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Gently stir 1/2 cup of the whipped topping into pudding. Spoon about 1 tbsp of the pudding mixture onto bottom half of each cupcake; cover with top of cupcake
- Heat the remaining 1 cup of cool whip and the chocolate chips until the chocolate is almost melted. Let stand 15 minutes and spread on top of each cupcake (I suppose you could also use chocolate frosting)

ENJOY!



My brother and sister love to bake and they were inspired by a recipe in a "Cool Whip" cookbook. You could also easily cut this recipe in half, but I'm sure the cupcakes wont go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. just posted this to pinterest. Can't wait to make them... probs when my dad comes next week.
    dads.are.awesome.

    ReplyDelete