Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Great minds never rest

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.
This makes it hard to plan the day.
- E.B. White

Gratuitous globe post

This quote by E.B. resonates with me; I often feel torn, not just when I wake in the morning, but throughout my days, and while I am planning for my future. Certain injustices truly upset me to my core and I feel helpless that I am just one insignificant person. But then I realize that if everyone felt that way, nothing would ever get done. I'm starting to realize that I can utilize my strengths to make small changes. Even if I just use my time to conduct research, to pass on knowledge, use the written word to spark some sort of interest in others - there are things that I can do. And those small improvements may make the world (at least the world in which I live) a more enjoyable place to be.I guess it all comes back to balance. Damn.

via handcraftedinvirginia (if memory serves me correctly)

No comments:

Post a Comment