Wednesday, July 11, 2012

So I have this problem...

My problem is that when someone in my life is going through something, I want to fix, help, meddle, <inject any hovering-type verb here>. The thing is, I want to do something. And that tends to be what people don't want or need. (John has actually said this to me before, "Ash, sometimes you want to do too much). This summer John is literally making a different in people's lives. There's a lot on his plate and of course I want to help.

But of course, he wont let me. Not only is John fiercely independent, but he is as stubborn as they come. This is something he needs to do on his own, as people often want to do. There have been so many times I have wanted to help the people in my life but I just can't. It's frustrating but it's a necessity of life. After all, I rarely take the help offered to me, so deep down, I do understand.

So my solution? Bake, of course. That way when all else fails, the people who I love in my life have delicious (and nutritious) snacks to take comfort in.

Because, what I've learned recently is that people don't need you to do, they need you to be. Be there for them no matter what.

PB Banana Oatmeal Squares

1 comment:

  1. first of all, you are so sweet. 'They don't need you to do, they need you to be'. Beautiful.
    second, yum. <3
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete