Wednesday, July 25, 2012

2012 Olympics

via hemingwaycool


Though the opening ceremonies aren't until Friday, today is the actual start of the games with the US Soccer team playing today at noon. The Olympics always bring out a lot of different emotions in people - pride, wistfulness, the mourning of dreams for some, the hopes for the future in others. I probably wont watch most of the games this summer, I'm just not into it, (who knows though, I may catch the spirit, as they say) but I am pulling for Michael Phelps. If he wins three medals this year, (in the last games of his career) he will be the most decorated Olympian of all time. If I do happen to turn on the TV and the equestrian events are on, I'll most likely watch, but unless I'm up at 2am, that probably wont happen. That always used to bother me as a kid - I was really into the games but I never got to watch the events I cared about the most. Regardless, I wish all the athletes the best of luck - I couldn't imagine competing for something that meant so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment